Keep Those Common Spring Pests Away!
We believe that one of the best ways to fight again Pests is to proactively stop them from gaining ground in your home too begin with. Therefore we've compiled a small list of DIY prevention strategies to help you prepare for a Pest-Free Spring.
Ants, among other common spring bugs, are known to infest kitchen spaces because this room provides easy access to food and water sources. They often march through the heart of the home while scavenging for crumbs left behind from dinner, sticky residue from liquid spills and overripe fruit sitting out on the countertop. Although you probably make a good effort to keep the kitchen clean on a daily basis, there are still a few other projects you can do to make it less attractive to pests.
- First, remove all of the items from your cabinets and pantry. Go through them and discard any old or stale food. These items can attract pantry pests, including several types of Beetles, Indian Meal Months and Ants.
- Second, wipe down the inside of your cabinets.
- Third, pull your appliances away from the wall as much as possible and vacuum & mop behind them. You might be surprised how much dust, dirt and crumbs you find!
Finally, give the kitchen counters and floors a good scrub-down. Best to think of it like a little "Spring Cleaning."
Once you're finished with tasks inside, perform an inspection of your home’s exterior perimeter, taking a look around for any damage done over the winter months.
- First, start with the roof line by inspecting fascia boards and roof shingles, as some pests are attracted to rotting wood.
- Second, clean out clogged gutters and downspouts to ensure they are functioning correctly. You may also find you need to repair ripped screens, replace weather-stripping and caulk around doors and windows
- When performing yard maintenance, trim bushes and tree branches away from your home or business at least 2 feet (This is a great time to check for any damaged or broken foundation vents as well as eave your vents since they are now accessible).
- Also, keep your grass mowed down low. Doing these simple tasks will eliminate many hiding spots that pest love.
As the days become longer, warmer and the sunshine shines down and you feel that new refreshing energy take that as an opportunity to accomplish some home improvement tasks and help keep you and your family living pest free!
We are here to help!
Our trained professionals are ready to help you have a Pest Free Spring. Contact us today, and we'll help those pests go away.
Pest inspections are as pain-free as living pest free.
Contact us today for your Free Spring Pest Inspection and enjoy your time out in the sun knowing your home and family are safe.